Sunday, October 14, 2007

Battling Avery's Eczema

Some of you may know that Avery has pretty bad eczema that we have been trying to keep under control for many months. It's all over her legs and small splotches on her arms as well. She has known food allergies to dairy, peanuts, almonds, and egg whites that we found out about after a blood test. Even with eliminating those foods, her eczema still has not improved much. We are now experimenting with eliminating wheat. She has only been wheat-free so far for 24 hours, but we are already seeing a marked improvement in her eczema. We are hoping and praying we might have found what is triggering her itchy skin. Please pray with us that we will find out the source of her eczema and she can have normal skin again. Please also pray for Mom's creativity in the kitchen as this is a hard diet to work with! I am thankful that God has given me the dietetics background so I understand what to do in cases like this, but it is still challenging trying to cook for the whole family and an allergic child.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I'm so sorry you all are having to deal with the eczema. God-willingly it is on its' way out of Avery's skin! We're looking forward to visiting next weekend! I have your special soaps! :) (I bought some for me too!) Love,
Rosie