Monday, October 22, 2007

Avery's Eczema

Just a little update on Avery. She was just tested today for Celiac Disease and the test results will come back in about a week. We have her seeing a pediatritian right now and also an ND (Naturopath). She was put on probiotics and fish oil by the naturopath and her eczema went from very bad to almost completely gone! We were so excited! Then yesterday, all of a sudden her skin broke out in the worst eczema I have ever seen in my life on her little body. She is miserable and itching. She cries 90% of the day. I talked to her ND and she told me she is experiencing a die-off reaction which is a good sign that the probiotics are working. She said her intestines are ridding themselves of the toxins and its being excreted through her skin. So she will get better soon and the eczema will dissappear again. I hope so...I hope that's all it is. Please pray for her and mommy and daddy too as we are very stressed from her almost non-stop crying. Her MD said she will get a referral to see an allergist and a dermatologist.

2 comments:

Veronique said...

Oh, wow, Sweetie! I'm praying for your baby Avery.
Love you!

Unknown said...

Pete and Sarah, we can't even imagine how hard this must be for you all especially sweet Avery. We are so sorry and are praying for strength and recovery, we love and miss you!