Monday, July 28, 2008

Paradise Beach


Two days ago Naomi and I went to Paradise beach resort to spend a day at the beach.
Above is the picture of the boat we road in to get to the island. It's a very beautiful, clean, peaceful resort that's only about a 10 boat ride from Davao. All of their seating is covered, (I heard Filipinos don't like to tan). You can order breakfast on the beach! We ordered fresh buko juice (coconut juice) that we sipped straight from the coconut. It was so delcious. I've never been one for coconut juice or the meat, but there are no words to describe how different and delicious young coconuts are here!


It's kind of hard to capture on camera how clear the water was...it was so beautiful.


Unfortunately our beach trip came to a quick end after breakfast and collecting seashells. I started to get very dizzy and felt like I was going to faint, so I laid down for awhile. I wasn't feeling any better, so after awhile we packed up and went back to the island. I was completely hydrated, and I had breakfast, so it wasn't a blood sugar or hydration issue. I realized later that afternoon that it was actually my sinuses! I had never been dizzy like that because of sinus pressure, but it hit hard and I had some kind of vertigo thing going on that freaked me out a little bit. After taking an advil my dizziness went away. A couple other people here have been having some sinus problems, so please pray I won't feel like that on the airplane as I leave tomorrow!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: