Monday, July 21, 2008

Day Shift


Today I tagged along on the day shift from 6am-2. It was a rather slow shift as far as births, but there were a lot of moms coming back in for their scheduled postpardum baby checks. I saw a lot of cute and very healthy infants. Above is a picture of midwifery students, Jane and Naomi and myself. I look so huge compared to these girls. I tower above all the Filipinos and Naomi (from Canada) just happens to be about their size.

The pictures above and below are of the delivery rooms. When a mom is laboring or pushing the curtain comes down for privacy for the family. Below is a picture of some more "rooms", oxygen tanks, and birth carts.

Below is a picture of myself with Jane and Stephanie, the supervising midwife for the shift I was on.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: