Monday, July 21, 2008

Cute baby


I watched one of the student midwives conduct a newborn exam on this precious 10 day old baby girl today. Her name is Divine Faith. The Filipina moms have the most interesting, sweetest names for their babies. I've heard a lot of names like Joy, Precious, Blessing, Faith, Princess.

I also saw a very healthy and FAST birth of a mom with her 3rd baby. She was just smiling and walking around when Jenna, one of the midwives said she was starting to push. I went in the room to watch the birth, and the mother was so calm. Then she pushed once and the head came out (so from what I saw the baby never crowned, the head just came out!). Then she pushed again and the entire baby came out. Hewas a very healthy baby with Apgars of 9 and 10! This was the healthiest birth I have seen so far! It was a great birth. The mom was amazing, and once again, acting as if giving birth was not a big deal at all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: