Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Tell Me a Story...

Today, during homeschool time I asked the girls to tell me a story about their pet fish, Lily and Daisy. (Lily is Avery's fish, and Daisy is Kyla's pink fish) Here are their stories, word for word.

Avery (age 3.5)

"Lily was growing soon but she couldn't grow all the time. She had a dress on when she was a boy fish. In Charlotte, North Carolina we didn't have fish. Okay, she had socks on and cinderella on her dress. Isn't that really cool she had cinderella on her dress? So, she had eyes. Yeah, she had eyes. She had a tummy, she pooped a lot. This is going to be a really funny story."

Kyla (age 6)

"Once upon a time, Daisy used to have a planner. She planned a bunch of stuff and she finished it in one whole day. She finished her book. She lit a candle and then burned the book. Then she got near the radiator and broke it by accident. Then she got a bunch of presents because she broke the radiator. Then she had a dress and a headband and socks and leggings on. "

These stories really cracked me up...and Avery really suprised me with how much she "told" of her fish, Lily. Avery went first when I asked for the stories. I kind of thought if she went 2nd, then she would just copy Kyla's story. But she thought all of this up in her own little imaginative mind :-) I'm going to have to do this more often, it was so fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, this made me laugh and miss you at the same time. I tried this with Josh and Jake and it was hilarious. Both of them told me stories about space/rockets and both included explosions, launching weapons, and aliens. You just wait until YOUR little boy tells you a story ;-)