Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Avery's first day of preschool




Avery had her first day of preschool last Tuesday and today was her first full day of preschool. (The first week preschool was only a half day.) She was apprehensive at first, but today she did really well and when I picked her up she had a huge smile on her face because they had just finished playing a game with the parachute!

Avery goes to Mollie Michie preschool, a co-op preschool, so I was actually in her classroom for her first day helping, and then Emili Hays was co-oping on the 2nd day of preschool and she knows Emili really well, so that really helped ease her into preschool life :-) It's nice Emili's little boy, Oliver, is in her class. Today she ran over to Ollie and gave him a hug and said, "Goodbye, Ollie!".

Kyla and I enjoyed a full day of homeschooling today while Avery was at preschool. She practiced writing her numbers 6 through 10 in her Handwriting without Tears book. Then we baked a pumpkin raisin cake to kick off the beginning of September. Pete taught Kyla measurements this weekend and she was able to hand me the 1/3 cup when I asked and would tell me how many scoops I needed to make 1 cup. She's a fast learner, for sure. After baking, she was off to catch crickets from the backyard in put them in her bug catcher. To finish off the morning, she knitted on her knitting tower and I almost finished knitting a pink scarf for her to wear this fall. This afternoon was Kyla's first day of gymnastics class and she loved learning cartwheels and handstands and swinging on the uneven bar. She met some other little girls her age, one of which lives just down the street from us.

What a blessing of a day. I cannot stop thanking God for my wonderful family. I love my husband and girls to pieces, and though we're only at the beginning, we're loving homeschooling. I love being able to be the one to listen to Kyla read her first sentence..what a blessing to be able to stay at home and teach our girls. I've also been thanking the Lord over and over for how wonderful Avery's skin has been since our move to Charlottesville. We feel like we have a big piece of our family back. Everyday life became very difficult and stressful when her eczema was bad in Charlotte and here she spends most of her days just like other little girls: playing, laughing, singing songs, dancing, doing crafts, etc. She spends less and less time scratching. Life is so much better. Thanks for praying for her and for our move.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Sounds like you're settling in so well to your homeschooling year. Keep having fun!