Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snapshot of a Moment: Sewing





Yeaa! After sewing my first skirts ever for the girls, I just finished up my first pair of pants for Avery. I'm so excited about these pants because they were completely free, (yes, free!)...made from a white linen pillowcase that has not been in use for quite some time. The trimming was made from a cloth headband I had. I loved the fabric, but did not like the headband so much on myself. So, I used my trusty seam ripper to un-do the headband, and then used the fabric for the cuffs. These pants have many flaws because they are my first pair ever made...but they fit Avery (besides being slightly too long), and are the perfect springtime pants for her! She seems to love them too, she didn't try to change out of them all morning :-)

In progress right now is a tablecloth with sweet bluebird fabric from the etsy store alittlegoodness. Our table is in desperate need of a tablecloth that can easily catch crumbs and food and then be thrown in the washing machine. Maybe having something like this will lessen my chances of scraping food off of our table :-)

Enjoy your Sunday wherever you are!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: