Thursday, March 05, 2009

A little bit of this and that


A little baking...


...trying out knitting


...a little more sewing.

These past few weeks have been busy with birthday parties, cupcakes, friends, and family visiting. I have loved every minute of the fun and busyness. Thanks, once again, to one of my favorite books The Creative Family, I just had to make Kyla a birthday crown for her birthday. The one above is made from wool felt and it was a very fun sewing project. I stayed up a little later than usual the night before her preschool birthday party making it so she could wear it on her birthday. She loved it, but I think her mama loved it even more!

I attempted knitting my 2nd hat ever, with the intention of giving it to my mom as a gift. Well, let's just say that it looks much better on Avery's head. :-) (Gotta get that sizing thing down...any tips, knitters?)

Kyla had a butterfly birthday party, thanks to Aunt Rosie finding these fun cupcakes on Martha Stewart's website. They were lots of fun to make and the sweet/salty taste is so yummy.

More fun pictures to come of Kyla's birthday celebration! Happy March to you...we started off the month with 5 inches of snow, and tomorrow is supposed to be 75 degrees here! Gotta love March, cold one day and warm the next :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

our little love nest said...

Wow..You are one incredible mom!
I love your cupcakes....too adorable.
Dee :) xoxo

Kate said...

Sarah, all of your crafts look wonderful :)
For your knitting size, are you doing a gauge swatch first before knitting your garment? That will help get the right size :)
Kate