Saturday, February 21, 2009

Scones & Settlers

Two weekends ago we were blessed with a weekend visit by my sister Rosie and her wonderful family. Kyla and Avery loved playing with their cousin, Ian. Rosie and I enjoyed a quick sister get-a-way to our favorite store, Anthropologie, so we could drool at all the clothes and home goods....(um, it's my favorite store, I think it's Rosie's too) This time we looked at all of their yumminess in a new light, thinking of what we could go home and re-create on our sewing machines! (Of course, as always, I walked away with zero purchases. As much as it's my favorite store, it's just not affordable. Hmmm...maybe I need to find a new favorite?
No, I think not.)

Pete and Jonathan enjoyed a quick morning out for coffee while Rosie and I took the kids to the neighborhood park.

And, both evenings after the kids were all tucked in their beds, we sat down on the floor and indulged ourselves in hot tea, homemade scones, and a game of Settlers (thanks, Patrick and Megan, for getting us addicted to this game!) No matter how crazy busy we got running around after the tots, each evening the scones and Settlers were a big hit and a great way to unwind.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: