Sunday, February 01, 2009

I <3 Weekends

I love weekends. I really cannot say or write that enough. I love spending time with Pete, having more adult conversations throughout the day, and being together, the 4 of us, all day long. The girls are always seem to have happier attitudes when Pete is at home...they just love their daddy. I love how the weekends narrow the parent/child ratio down to something more managable!! (Am I allowed to say that even if I only have 2 children?)


So, on Friday night I decided that I wanted to learn how to knit. Well, actually, I've been wanting to learn for quite some time...years. But, finally the desire to knit drove me to figuring it out for myself by watching a few tutorials on www.youtube.com. After pausing/playing, pausing again, and playing, I think I might have figured the basics out! yeaaaa! As much as I want to knit a warm hat, Pete encouraged me to start off with a scarf. He's a smart guy and knows if what I make turns out bad, I just might think about quitting. So, a scarf it is :-) If you don't see me wearing it, you'll know why. Depending on the outcome, you may see it on one of Kyla's dolls instead. Nevertheless, I love knitting. It's becoming relaxing, almost meditative in a sense. Kyla told me today, "Sit down, mommy, and knit." So I did. I thought she wanted to see how I did it. So I started saying this little nursery rhyme that's supposed to explain the steps in knitting. She said, "Don't talk, mommy. Just knit."

??

Maybe I'm more peaceful when I knit or something.
Hey, a peaceful mommy is a pretty good thing. :-)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

our little love nest said...

Great Image! I love this one. So soft and lovely!