Monday, February 16, 2009

Lazy Days Skirt



I did it! I attempted my very first sewing project ever. After seeing these irristable skirts on Soulemama's blog and reading and re-reading the fabulous free pattern from Oliver + S, I finished Kyla's skirt! She's thrilled to wear it and I'm thankful that she's only 5 years old and doesn't see or care about all of the flaws that I see when I look at it. The fabric is a beautiful lightweight cotton by Heather Bailey's Freshcut line. I got it for a great deal from WhipstitchFabrics.

I thought the little rosebuds were very fitting for our Kyla Rose, who is so dearly nicknamed "Rosebud" by her daddy. I'm working on a matching skirt for Avery right now, and all from the same yard of material. Yeaa! The best part about all of this is the total cost for Kyla's skirt was barely $4. I was hoping sewing the girl's clothes might be cheaper, and so far it is! :-)

More pictures to come once Avery's skirt is finished and they will model for mama :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kay said...

adorable!! congrats on your new skills!!

can't wait to see her wear it!