Thursday, June 12, 2008

Visiting the Philippines

After a lot of prayer, thought, and counsel, Pete and I decided it would be important for one of us to use some of the "extra" time we have this summer and visit Davao City, Philippines. This will help us to get a better feel for what life will be like in the Philippines if we move there next summer. Even though regular academic classes will not be in session for students, I will still be able to go into the clinic some and see what students do during their rotations.

Mid-July I will be flying to Davao for 2 weeks and staying with one of the women who is in the midwifery program. She is also a mother and has two small children, so she is in a similar time of life just like our family.

We are very grateful to several close friends who have given to support this mission at Mercy Maternity Clinic and have allowed us to use some of the money given to support this visit to Davao this summer.

When I arrive in Davao, my plan is to keep a daily blog about all that I am learning and doing while in the Philippines. I'm looking forward to sharing stories and pictures with you!

No comments: