I have been back from
My first-hand experience of observing and learning at Mercy Maternity Clinic was amazing! While I was in
I know some of you who are receiving this letter still have concerns about the possibility of us living in the
I must say, that the thought of moving to
With all of this being said, deep in our hearts we feel like God still wants us in
So, we are sharing with you, dear friends, and asking you to please pray for us. We know that if the Lord wants our family in
- We accumulated some debt, after being debt-free in
, while moving across the country one year ago. Then Pete’s teaching license did not get recognized in NC until months after he began working. This put an incredible strain on us financially that we are still recovering from. We need to pay our debt before we move as missionaries to Los Angeles . Please pray that the Lord would give us the means to pay it off. Please pray for photography work and tutoring for Pete and for Sarah’s work as a Bradley childbirth teacher and Doula. Davao
- We will need to either sell or rent our home before we move. As we all know, the housing market isn't doing that great. Please pray for wisdom in the steps to take about whether to rent it out or sell.
- Please pray that Avery's eczema will be healed. We are so thankful that her eczema is already 100 times better than what it was 6 months ago! The air is so damp in the
Philippinesthat several girls who are student midwives told me they had eczema in the USand Canadaand it has cleared up in because of the "wet" air. So, I do not believe she would have a hard time in the Davao City ...at least no worse than she does here. But it would be nice to have her completely healed if we move there. She also seems to be having less problems with her allergies as she got a hold of a small piece of cheese the other day and had no reaction to it whatsoever! Also, she ate an egg yoke for the first time the other day with no problem. Philippines
- We would need to have approximately $15,000 (minimum) before we move to
and then once we are there, about $1500 a month. Davao
- I am training to become a Doula. Please pray I will be able to get the training done in an efficient and timely manner so that I may begin attending births soon and using that money to put towards savings and debt.