Friday, August 22, 2008

Look who's really talking!


Surprise! Avery surprises us everyday with new sentences. Ever since she turned 2 years old on July 5th, her vocabulary has exploaded! When I got home from the Philippines I was greeted by a little girl asking me, word for word, "Can I take the baby to Starbucks?". Of which we've only been only maybe twice with Avery. Here are some more of her sentences that I wrote down the other day:

- Pointing to her clip on plastic earrings, "I got my ear pierced. It hurts."
- Walking over to her play kitchen, "I'm gonna make bekast (breakfast) for you."
- Looking outside after a rain storm, "It's not raining anymore."
- "Let me chase the fly, I will use this," holding up a fly swatter.
- Pointing to a picture in a book, "I like to ride that boat."
-Pointing to a used-to-be broken knob on her play kitchen, "Daddy fixed it. Thank you daddy, fixin it."
- Looking at Kyla's bandaid, "Kyla, you got a bandaid? What happened?"
- Playing with her doll, "I'm gonna put baby to sleep. Be right back."

And, my favorite:
Pete was sleeping on the couch. Avery walked up to him and poked him and said, "Don't sleep anymore, please."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: