Saturday, September 15, 2007

Today I was having a hard day with feeling homesick. I really was missing California today...the weather...and mostly all of our friends.

I was thinking about Donna while driving to a La Leche League meeting this morning and how her love for natural childbirth and love for others impacted my life. You see, in another month, I will be attending a training conference to become a certified Bradley childbirth teacher. Going to a La Leche League meeting is one of the requirements of the certification process.

At the meeting, we introduced ourselves and then after the meeting was over, several women came up to me and they were so excited that I was going to be teaching Bradley classes...they told me I am the only Bradley teacher in the South Charlotte area. Everyone at LLL only knew of one other lady in North Charlotte that teaches Bradley. I was really surprised by this. There were many Bradley teachers in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. When I came home I looked it up on the computer and it is true. There are only 2 other Bradley teachers in all of Charlotte and the surrounding areas!

I am so happy that the Lord has opened up these doors for me to bring this opportunity to women...an opportunity to learn about natural childbirth and how to trust God and their bodies in the birth process! I keep thinking that if it weren't for Donna and her influence in my life being my Bradley teacher and midwife, I wouldn't be in this position wanting to share this with other women. And who knows, maybe the Lord will use me to inspire someone else...it's so neat to think about it all, how God uses us and our gifts to bring him glory and bless other people.

No comments: